December Monthly Challenge
1.'D' is for December: Read a book that starts with 'D' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'D'.
2. Member of the Month - MountainKat: MountainKat has been a member of the RRRC since January 2011. Here is the link to MountainKat's shelves - MountainKat's shelves.
Please read a book from any of MountainKat's shelves or a book published in 2011 or a book published in January of any year.
3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Anne Stuart: Read a book written by Anne Stuart or any author with her first or last name.
Fun Facts about Anne -
* Anne Stuart lives in Vermont.
* She published her first novel in 1974.
* She also writes under the pseudonym of Kristina Douglas.
* Anne was the recipient of the Romance Writers of America's Lifetime Achievement Award in 1996.
You may also read a book set in Vermont, or an author who is from Vermont. You can also read any book published in 1974. You can also read a book by Kristina Douglas or read a book by an author who has the same first or last name as Kristina Douglas. You can also read a book by any author that has been the recipient of the Romance Writers of America's LifetimeAchievement Award Winners
4. Nobel Prizes Awarded (Dec. 10th) - The Nobel Prizes are awarded annually on the anniversary of Alfred Noble's death in recognition of cultural and/or scientific advances. Alfred Noble, an inventor among many other things willed his fortune to be used posthumously to institute the Nobel Prizes. Read a book with a genius character or inventor OR Read a book with an author's first or last name that matches a Nobel Prize winner. All Nobel PrizesWinners
5. Summer Solstice (Dec. 21st) - It is the first day of Summer in the Southern Hemisphere. Read a book that is set in a country that falls in the Southern Hemisphere OR a book that has sand and/or the sun on the cover. Hemisphere Map
6. Winter Solstice (Dec. 21st) - It is the first day of Winter in the Northern Hemisphere. Read a book that is set in a country that falls in the Northern Hemisphere OR a book that has snow on the cover. Hemisphere Map
7. Christmas (Dec. 25) - Read a book that has Christmas, Noel, Xmas, Yule, or Yuletide in the title OR read a book that has a tree, Santa, hat, lights, ornaments, candy or gingerbread man cookies on the cover.
8. Boxing Day (Dec. 26) - Historically, a European tradition when servants and tradesmen would receive gift boxes from their employers. Read a historical romance OR a book with gift/present on the cover.
9. New Year's Eve (Dec. 31st) - As we end year 2014 and get ready to start a new year with new resolutions. Read a book that is last published book in the series OR read the 1st book in the series.
10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.
3. Blood Magick - Nora Roberts (Berkley - Nov 2014) - Dec 11
4. The Devil of Clan Sinclair - Karen Ranney (Avon - Aug 2013) (inventor) - Dec 27
5. Carolina Man - Virginia Kantra (Berkley - Mar 2014) (sun) - Dec 14
6. The Christmas Wedding Ring - Susan Mallery (HQN - Oct 2014) (snow) - Dec 9
8. The Wrong Cowboy - Lauri Robinson (HH #1208 - Nov 2014) (historical romance) - Dec 7
9. Eagle's Last Stand - Aimee Thurlo (HI #1538 - Dec 2014) (last in series) - Dec 1
10. The Homecoming - Robyn Carr (Mira - Sept 2014) - Dec 7